In the words of Montell Jordan: “This is how we do it”...
1. Foster the courage and compassion to face your difficult and most challenging emotions.
2. Shift perspective. In other words, zoom out to take in a broader view.
3. Let go of “being right” and instead, choose curiosity.
4. Identify your why. What are your values?
5. Walk your why. Make daily choices that reflect what matters to you.
6. Grow. Take on challenges that push you to the edge of your ability, even when it’s uncomfortable.
7. Be open to change. Life changes. You change. Know when to grit and when to quit.
Amy Pope-Latham, LCSW is a board certified mental health professional in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.